Note: For more details, contact us to set up a no obligation interview with the Director.
Through this program, children who are elementary school-aged children will be able to prevail their daily challenges due to the symptoms of autism and other disorders such as articulation disorder, apraxia, among others. Our team of experts at ABC continues to seek and address these difficulties that your children face through the various personalized treatments we prepare.
Concerns Commonly Addressed:
- Language skills
- Social skills
- Organization skills for school
- Self-care (including toilet training)
- Physically aggressive and verbally disruptive behaviors
- Self-Injurious Behavior
- Problem transitioning between activities
- Problem behaviors in the community
- Compliance during doctor/dentist/haircut appointments
- Food selectivity
- Safety at home and in the community (“stranger danger”, crossing street etc.)
- Problem behaviors in the classroom
- Sleeping in own bed
- Repetitive behaviors (hand flapping, rocking etc.)
- Transitioning to middle school.
WHAT DOES THERAPY LOOK LIKE?
- Weekly social group in the community.
- Parents receive an individualized plan for developing the desired skills and decreasing challenging behaviors.
- Parents receive ongoing training during weekly parent coaching meetings.
- The behavior analyst will work directly with the child to model strategies for parents.
- When intensive 1:1 training is required for skill acquisition, a behavior technician is assigned for regular sessions at home.
- When challenging behaviors occur in the community, the behavior technician will work with your child in the situation that you are having problems with.